Dhanurasana Bow Pose | How to do Dhanurasana
Dhanurasana or Bow pose helps you to stretch your body it is derived from the bow which is the power for the arrow.
This pose can be done in the morning or evening whenever you are free.
Make sure there should be 3 to 4 hours of gap between food & practise. Practising this asana will reduce your belly & make you fit.
Bow Pose(Dhanurasana) Images:
Dhanurasana(Bow Pose) Steps:
Step1: Lie down by placing your foreheads on the floor with legs slightly spread out.
Step2: Bend the legs and Catch the ankles with the corresponding hands.
Step3: While inhale, pull the ankles upward, stretch the legs and arms as a result upper body and thighs rise from the floor. Therefore only the abdomen will be on the ground.
Step4: Stay in that Position for few second, Depending on your comfort. Beginners can stay between 10 sec – 30 sec.
Dhanurasana Bow Pose Stretches:
Bow Pose is very good if you want to stretch the entire part of the body. Likewise this asana will reduce your belly soon.
Finally the parts of the body which will get stretched are
Abdomen, Thorax, Thighs, Ankles, Groin, Throat, shoulder, chest.
Image Credits – Yanalya
Dhanurasana Bow Pose Benefits:
- Stimulates the circulatory system by its dynamism.
- Stretches the thorax muscles & strengthens them.
- Massage the pancreas (prevention against diabetes) and the female reproductive organs (ovaries).
- Gives an intense massage to all the abdominal organs.
- Prevents congestion of the liver, pancreatic disorders, dyspepsia, constipation and gastritis.
- Expands the thoracic region and helps those suffering from respiratory problems such as asthma.
- Above all, it gives a deep massage to the muscles of the back, helping to maintain an elastic column.
Precautions And Contraindications
- Above all avoid this asana during pregnancy.
- Furthermore don’t do this if you have undergone surgery in the last six month because this asana will stretch your body.
- Most importantly, if you have pain in neck, shoulder, spine, lower back or legs please avoid it.
- Hence High or Low blood pressure patients also consult yoga instructor
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Urdhva Mukha Svanasana