Dhanurasana Bow Pose
Dhanurasana is a backbending which is derived from a sanskrit means Dhanu – Bow, Asana- pose.
Generally best time to practise yoga asana is in the morning but even you can practise in the evening. At Least maintain 3 to 4 hours of gap between food & practise.
Above all, Main advantage of this asana is it will reduce your belly & make you fit.
Step1: Lie down by facing downward.
Step2: Bend your legs and hold your ankle with corresponding hands.
Step3: Inhale & raise your leg by placing only your abdomen on the ground as shown on figure.
Step4: Stay in this Position for 10 sec – 30 sec.
Dhanurasana Bow Pose Stretches:
Bow Pose is very good if you want to stretch the entire part of the body. Likewise it will reduce your belly soon.
Finallythe parts of the body which will get stretched are Belly, Thorax, Thighs, Ankles, Groin, Throat, shoulder, chest.
Image Credits – Yanalya
Dhanurasana Bow Pose Benefits:
1. Stimulates the circulatory system.
2. Stretches the thorax muscles & it strengthens them.
3. Massage the pancreas (prevention against diabetes) and the female reproductive organs (ovaries).
4. Gives an intense massage to all the abdominal organs.
5. Prevents congestion of the liver, pancreatic disorders, dyspepsia, constipation and gastritis.
6. It expands the thoracic region and helps those suffering from respiratory problems such as asthma.
7. Above all, it gives a deep massage to the muscles of the back, helping to maintain an elastic column.
Precautions And Contraindications
1. Above all avoid this asana during pregnancy.
2. Don’t do this if you have undergone surgery in the last six month because it will stretch your body.
3. Most importantly, if you have pain in neck, shoulder, spine, lower back or legs please avoid it.
4. Hence, High or Low blood pressure patients also consult yoga instructor.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana