Baddha Konasana is Expanded as Baddha – Bound, Kona – Ankle which means bound your ankle with your hand. It is known as cobbler pose which helps in increasing the flexibility of hip,thigh,ankle,knees etc..
This pose is also know as butterfly pose helps us to increase the blood circulation to the backbone & hip joints. It gives a good massage to the hip. It stimulate the reproductive organ to increases it’s fertility.
- Procedure of Baddha Konasana (Steps by step) .
- Video (Baddha Konasana)
- Baddha Konasana Benefits
- Precautions And Contraindications
- Preparatory Poses
- Follow-Up Poses
Baddha Konasana Steps:
Step 1: Sit with your spine erect and legs spread straight out. Now bend your knees and bring your feet towards the pelvis. The soles of your feet should touch each other.
Step 2: Crab your feet tightly with your hands. You may place the hands underneath the feet for support. Make an effort to bring the heels as close to the genitals as possible.
Step 3: Take a deep breath in. Breathing out, press the thighs and knees down towards the floor. Make a gentle effort to keep pressing them downward.
Step 4: Now start flapping both the legs up and down like the wings of a butterfly. Start slow and gradually increase speed. Keep breathing normally throughout.
Step 5: As you exhale, gently release the posture. Straighten the legs out in front of you and relax.
Baddha Konasana Video
- A good stretch for the inner thighs, groins and knees, improving flexibility in the groin and hip region.
- Removes fatigue from long hours of standing and walking.
- Offers relief from menstrual discomfort and menopause symptoms
- Helps in smooth delivery if practised regularly until late pregnancy
- Strengthens the reproductive system & Increases fertility.
- Massage the kidney &Prostate gland
- Greatest Stress reliever & reduce fatigue.
- It Cures menstrual problems.
Precautions And Contraindications
- Avoid this asana if you have a knee injury.
- Don’t practise this asana during menstruating.
- If you have pain while doing this asana place a pillow under your thigh.
- Don’t do this if you have undergone surgery in the last six month because this asana will stretch your body.
Do any forward bend or Seated Twists pose as a follow up pose.